Madeleine Vionnet, 1925
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- 1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- 3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- 5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
- 6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2013?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- 12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’?
- 13. What about ‘R’?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- 18. Have you ever told someone you loved them?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- 20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- 22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead?
- 23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- 25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- 29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- 31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Do you want your tongue pierced?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- 36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl?
- 43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- 50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
- 51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with?
- 52. Are you nice to everyone?
- 53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 55. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 56. Do you think you like someone?
- 57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’?
- 58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry?
- 60. Do you hate anyone?
- 61. How’s your heart?
- 62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?
- 63. Have you ever cried over a guy?
- 64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
- 65. Are your toenails painted pink?
- 66. Will your next kiss be a mistake?
- 67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct?
- 68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- 69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
- 70. How do you look right now?
- 71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around?
- 72. Can you commit to one person?
- 73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 74. Have you ever felt replaced?
- 75. Did you wake up cranky?
- 76. Are you a jealous person?
- 77. Are relationships ever worth it?
- 78. Anyone you’re giving up on?
- 79. Currently wanting to see anyone?
- 80. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- 81. Last person you cried in front of?
- 82. Is there someone you will never forget?
- 83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you?
- 84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- 85. Are you over your past?
- 86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
- 89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in?
- 90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
- 91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months?
- 92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael?
- 93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew?
- 94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going?
- 95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March?
- 96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
- 97. Who do you have texts from?
- 98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
- 100. Who’s in your profile picture with you?
- 101. Ever kissed under fireworks?
- 102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?
Gonna buy this for the sole purpose of back handing people
I know less about goth-y music than the nerdcore music that this is, but this is about goth girls (as the title says). Plenty of cello and bells going on, though. Goth Girls by MC Frontalot.
Editorial detail of Guinevere van Seenus in ‘Dreaming of Another World’ photographed by Tim Walker for Vogue Italia March 2011
Der Fluch - Rattengift. This song (Rat poison)is from their 1982 release. Sort of a German punk Cramps singing about monsters and creepy things. For the Gruftis out there.
FM Einheit and Gry. Einheit was an influential member of Einstürzende Neubauten, among other German punk bands.
This video is a student project, and not the official video. I find this one more to my liking.
Gargoyle Sox, from Detroit, Michigan. Mid 1980’s.
"A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)" Megadeth ft. Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil
Karlie Kloss in Saint Laurent, Spring 2013 photographed by Hedi Slimane for Vogue Japan, June 2013
Kicking off Music Wednesday!
MS MR “Bones” [lyrics]
Soo Joo Park in “Rip it, tear it, stitch it, wear it” by Mari Sarai for i-D, Summer 2013
This is what ten years looks like. Yesterday was officially ten years since my husband and I graduated high school. (We went to the same high school, but didn’t get together until our second year of college.)
The top left was taken in my photography class. I fucking LOVED that class. The top right was taken at a bowling party I went to… I think the day after graduation when I skipped out of another party early. I think, it was ten years ago, let’s just assume that’s true. I was terrible at sorting my pictures then.
Major appearance changes?
Gained weight, I’m twenty pounds heavier than I was in high school? Maybe more. I routinely got turned away when I went to donate blood when I was in college (the goal weight is 110). I like not passing out if I don’t eat. (I didn’t have an eating disorder, I just processed my food too quickly and ate like shit.)
My skin cleared up and I started treating it better. I buy face wash from the natural grocery store (because LUSH is two fucking hours away and I know it will spoil in the desert before making it home). My acne scars faded (largely due to using LUSH for almost a year when I worked there, Gorgeous may be $90 but that shit REALLY works). Mostly I stopped using the cheapest possible makeup on my face everyday without washing yesterday’s off. Helped a HUGE amount to learn to actually take care of my damned skin. (Proactive made it worse when I tried that, but it does work for some people.)
I also haven’t fucked up my hair in a few years. That’s mostly due to not being able to, but I also started using natural shampoo from Target instead of $3 worth of chemicals. My curls thank me. I also stopped letting shitty $5 haircut places near my hair. I may cut it myself and it may look like shit when I do it, but I don’t seem to be bothered when I fuck up my own hair.
I also don’t wear 5lbs of jewelry every day. The necklace in both of those pictures held a bunch of rings that I couldn’t fit on my fingers. Each finger I wore at least one ring on. Probably explains why I hardly wear jewelry now. The bottom picture shows a pair of ridiculous jeans I wore all the time that I let my art class friends draw all over.
There are some things that I actually miss about high school, but mostly I AM SO FUCKING GLAD I NEVER HAVE TO GO THERE AGAIN. Ten years later really is better for so many reasons.
To those of you that just graduated, are still in school or have been out for a few years? You’ll be fucking fine. I promise.